Have you read about so many stories and posts telling about how the world has gone from good to bad? A bad president, drug crimes, countless killings, poverty, pollution, and a lot lot more. Stories like these are disheartening even to the most kind and loving person.
A great way to counteract all that negativity has been mentioned by Mahatma Gandhi. “You must be the change you want to see in the world.” In other words, although life changes are inevitable, we can also initiate personal change so we can rise to the challenge and become a bigger and better person as a result.
None of us can change the entire world all by ourselves. We have to make small positive efforts in our own lives and encourage others to do the same, a snowball effect occurs that can affect the entire planet in time. You can help bring about positive change in the world
- Share Positivity – Actions and words that promote good are most often appreciated by people and are far less stressful than focusing on negative emotions.
- Plant a Tree – If you can plant a tree, imagine if the whole country will also do the same.
- Speak Up and Take Action – Impart your ideas. Make these ideas happen.
- Stop Polluting Our Waters – If we stop dumping litter to our seas and rivers, we will have clean water to drink.
- Volunteer – Yes, volunteer. There are a lot of organizations out there that needs your help and support for a common good.
- Be Kind – One kind gesture a day is contagious.
- Clean Up – Washing the dishes, sweeping the floor isn’t so bad. It will send the right signals to people who we work with.
- Meditate – A prayer or some quiet time will clear your mind of negative things.
- Improve Your Eating Habits – Watch your health. Over-eating is unhealthy too.
Check What You Wear or Use – Will the things that you wear or use contribute to the good of the environment?
The Village Connect accepts guest postings and contributions. Feel free to inquire.